Title – Saudi Arab Ke Mahkama-tul-Qaza Mein Dars-e-Kitab-ul-Qaza & Aimma-E-Haramain Se Mulaqat
Speaker – Shaykh al-Islam Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (Hafizahullah)
- File Type – mp3
- Duration – 00:15:40
- File Size – 04.45 MB
One of the greatest living scholars Shaykh Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (حفظه الله) recently returned from his two week stay in Al-Madina Al-Munawwara. He shared some amazing and interesting aspects of his trip with the students at his Darul Uloom. Below is the summary in English of what he said; it is worth a read!
1) He first mentioned how blessed he was to be able to repeatedly visit the Holy cities. Around 1975, when his father became terminally ill there was an opportunity to go perform Hajj (not fard), but he gave it up despite longing for it in order to serve his father (the great late Mufti of Pakistan Mufti Muhammad Shafi’ رحمه الله). He said his father expressed happiness on his decision and made du’a that Allah take him to the holy cities so frequently that people would be envious! Thereafter his father passed away, and since then – he says – till today he has visited the haramayn at least 2/3 times a year. In recent years, he’s been travelling there every second or third month – due to meetings/advising financial and other institutions etc.
2) This trip was particularly very pleasant and peaceful; he did not even feel the effects of his recent long illness. Along with being honoured with visiting Madina al-Munawwara, he was able to do the following:
3) The Judiciary/courts of Saudi Arabia consisting of high level Judges (qadis) invited him to conduct lessons on the chapter pertaining to ‘Judicial Matters’ from Sahih al-Bukhari. – Normally, he says, he does not like to go far from the vicinity of the Prophet’s Mosque but couldn’t refuse and thus conducted the lessons.
4) The Imam of Masjid al-Nabawi Shaykh Ahmad Talib also attended these lessons. He requested Mufti Taqi Usmani if he could read the ‘thulathiyyat’ Hadiths of Musnad Ahmad with him. He arranged for this to take place in the ‘Imams room’ after Maghrib salat and Mufti Taqi granted Shaykh Ahmad Talib permission in relating Hadith.
5) A college of the Prophet’s Mosque called ‘Kuliyyat Masjid al-Nabawi’; it’s teachers had previously studied the book ‘Sharh Uqud Rasm al-Mufti’ (a insightful work on the principles of giving fatwa by the great Hanafi jurist Imam Ibn Abidin) with Mufti Taqi Usmani. They had all attended the lessons at the Judiciary council. This time, they (including the Imam Shaykh Ahmad Talib) requested him to teach them Mufti Taqi Usmani’s own work on fatwa titled ‘Usul al Iftaa wa Adabuhu’ They insisted he gave them 4 days for this reading.
6) He also met with the renowned Imam of Masjid al- Nabawi Shaykh Hudhayfi. Mufti Taqi Usmani gifted the Imam some of his Arabic works such as his commentary on Sahih Muslim and Fiqh al-Buyu’.
7) He also met another Imam, Shaykh Hussein Ale Shaykh and gifted him his books. He says that this Imam was the great grandson of Sh Abdul Wahhab al-Najdi. Mufti Taqi mentioned to him the great work of gathering Hadith that is currently taking place under his supervision in Darul Uloom Karachi. Interestingly, the Imam not only expressed great delight at the work saying such work has never been done before, he said that Hanafis have wrongly been called ‘people of opinion’ They also have Hadiths to support their views which are found in Hanafi works. The Imam said such Hadiths should also be included in the Hadith compilation. Mufti Taqi says he was delighted by the Imam’s remarks which showed his balance. Mufti Taqi gifted him his books as well, and the Imam Shaykh Ale Shaykh said he was already aware of his works.
8) Jami’a Tayba is also an Islamic university in Madina al-Munawwara. It was their final day of a six month course on the ‘Shari’a standards’ relating to Islamic banking/finance. They requested Shaykh Taqi Usmani to deliver the final lesson, given that he was the head of the whole organisation that issue these Islamic banking standards. This final lesson was attended by the teachers of the above mentioned Jami’a Tayba, as well as the teachers of Jami’a Islamiyya (Madina University) and many other Ulama of Makka and Jedda.
Lastly, he thanked Thank Allah for blessing him with a pleasant, peaceful and beneficial trip to the blessed city of Allah’s Messenger (Peace and blessings be on him).
If there is some problem in playing or downloading this audio, do comment below so that we may fix it as soon as possible.